Choosing the best no win no fee personal injury lawyer can be a daunting exercise.
Is a big firm better or would a small to medium firm be better? What should you look for when hiring a no win no fee lawyer?
Here are 7 questions that you MUST ask the no win no fee lawyer when deciding on which personal injury lawyer to go with:
- How much experience does the lawyer have in relation to these types of claims? A minimum of 10 years’ experience is a must.
- Will my matter be handled (not just “supervised”) by that expert personal injuries lawyer or will others (like unqualified paralegals or junior Solicitors) also be handling my matter?
- Does the injury lawyer make me feel as if I am important (or do I get the feeling that I will just end up being a number to them)?
- How many matters is the personal injury lawyer responsible for at any one time? 60 is ideal. 100 is way too many. They won’t have time for you!
- Does the Solicitor communicate well? Do they appear to care, do they listen to me or do they just talk at me?
- Am I going to receive personalised service from the injury lawyer I first saw and put my trust in or am I going to be palmed off to someone else like his secretary every time?
- Are their proposed fees and outlays fair and reasonable? What is their hourly rate, uplift fee, do they charge for every little incidental and if so how much?
If your answers to these questions were all positive then you are on the right track.
If not, keep looking. There are a number of great personal injury lawyers out there, including a number of expert personal injury law firms in areas like the Gold Coast, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns.
Finally, if you are still stuck, go with your gut. Your “sixth sense” will often produce the right outcome when nothing else will.