Since the launch of the Worker Assist Mobile app for WorkCover Queensland in August 2014, over 2,500 injured Queensland workers have already been recorded as active users with 14,000 logins recorded across the board in just the month of October. Here are 3 very good reasons why you should use the Worker Assist Mobile App to help in your transition from injury to getting back in the workforce:
It is free and available for any web-enabled device
You can easily download the Worker Assist Mobile app for free for the following formats:
• iOS at the Apple App Store
• Android through Google Play
The app also includes a mobile site for any web-enabled device such as tablets, as well as a desktop version for personal computers and laptops.
You can pretty much do everything you need to track your claim
The initial functionality of the Worker Assist Mobile app allows users the following features:
• Check their WorkCover claim status
• Quick access to view their next compensation payment date
• Quickly claim expenses through a simple photo upload of the receipt
• Convenient access to information such as:
- Expense and remittance records
- Next appointment dates and appointment details
- Contact information to their WorkCover contact representative
- Notifications of messages from their claim contact
- View correspondence between you and WorkCover Queensland
• Quick login through a four digit security PIN.
It is continuously updated to become even better
The November 21, 2014 update was released and this enhanced version now allows users to ALSO:
• upload a medical certificate or other document by taking a photo
• complete a tax file number declaration.
WorkCover Queensland is definitely focusing on maintaining and improving their position as achievers of one of Australia’s best return to work rates, which stands at over 90% of injured workers returning to work within 12 months of the initial lodging of their claims.
How do you get the app?
You can download the app through this link: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/online-services/workerassist