We are continuing to service the community during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic . Read more >>
Select Page
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Free Case Review - 1300 720 544
You are here » Home » News » How to Lodge a WorkCover Claim

What steps should you take when you are injured at work and need treatment and/or time off work?

  1. Report your injury as soon as possible to your employer.
  2. Seek treatment and ask your doctor to complete a work capacity certificate: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/77119/form-132m-work-capacity-certificate-workers-compensation.pdf
  3. Provide your employer with a copy of the work capacity certificate.
  4. Complete WorkCover’s online Claim form, which can be found here:
    https://ols.workcoverqld.com.au/ols/public/claim/lodgement.wc OR
    Complete a hard copy of the Claim form and upload using WorkCover’s online service (https://ols.workcoverqld.com.au/ols/public/uploadNewClaim.wc?code=NEWCLAIM), or fax it to 1300 651 387, or post it to GPO Box 2459, Brisbane Qld 4001.The Claim form can be found here:


    In the case of fatal claims or where urgent surgery is required, a claim can be lodged over the phone by calling WorkCover on 1300 362 128.

  5. Upload a copy of the work capacity certificate using WorkCover’s online service (https://ols.workcoverqld.com.au/ols/public/uploadNewClaim.wc?code=NEWCLAIM) or fax it to WorkCover on 1300 651 387.

WorkCover will then contact you to confirm that the claim has been received and will contact your employer to obtain confirmation that the injury is work related. If satisfied it is a work related injury, your claim will be officially accepted and WorkCover will then pay weekly benefits for your time off work and any reasonable and necessary treatment and rehabilitation.