We are continuing to service the community during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic . Read more >>
Select Page
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Free Case Review - 1300 720 544
You are here » Home » Other Injuries

There are many different ways in which individuals can sustain personal injury, other than in a motor vehicle accident or in the workplace.  A few examples include:-

  • Slip, fall and trip accidents in private or public places
  • Injuries caused by defective or faulty products
  • Accidents at private residences, parks and playgrounds
  • Boating accidents
  • Injured while working as a subcontractor
  • Accidents at school
  • Psychological injury as a result of the death of another
work image
Do I have a claim?

If you have been injured in any of the above scenarios (or another scenario not mentioned above) and there was fault on the part of someone else for your injury, then you may have a claim for compensation.

It is best to seek advice from an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury to properly advise if you do in fact have a claim for compensation for your accident injuries.

What can I claim?

As part of your compensation claim, you can claim for:-

  • Damages for pain and suffering (loss of enjoyment of life)
  • Past and future loss of wages and other income, including superannuation
  • Household and personal care and assistance provided by a friend or relative for free
  • Paid services for household assistance i.e. cleaner, gardener, ironing aid, car detailer, pool cleaner etc
  • Past & future out of pocket and medical expenses such as medications, rehabilitation, physiotherapy, surgery, ergonomic equipment and chiropractic treatment

If you are injured on your journey to or from work, then your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer (usually WorkCover Queensland) will pay for your rehabilitation, lost wages and medical treatment after the accident.

How much will I receive in compensation?

Every claim is unique in its circumstances, injuries and losses suffered. Thus, it is difficult to accurately predict the amount of compensation that an injured party may receive. It is important to speak to an Accredited Specialist Lawyer in Personal Injury for legal advice to protect the rights of you and your family.

How much time do I have?

Generally, you must bring a claim for compensation within 3 years of the date of the accident. However, there are certain exceptions, where the time limits may be shorter. It is important that you protect the rights of yourself and your family by speaking with a trained legal professional for legal advice.

How much will I have to pay?

Our firm operates on a Non Win No Fee Basis Guarantee.

Please contact one of our Personal Injury Accredited Specialists for more information.

How do I proceed with my claim?

Contact one of our Accredited Personal Injury Law Specialists now on 1300 720 544 or complete the case review form now.

Is Personal Injury Compensation taxable in Australia?

In Queensland accident claims, you do not have to worry about payouts being subject to taxes such as a capital gains tax or income tax. However, you may be taxed in instances where you put your compensation into a term deposit and earn interest on that amount. The interest that you earn may be taxed.